Good Day,
Too much free time on my hands so I decided to tee up a blog and give it a try. While under construction, feel free to comment on any practice range topics (i.e. Nike Golf dominance, rising gas prices, Kentucky Derby, recession, '08 Elections, foreclosures, TPC Sawgrass, music, Warren Buffett, MLB, NFL, FCC and any other acronyms you can think of). This site will be a journey back and forth across the fairways while we all try to make it to the clubhouse. So please pull up to the bag drop and enjoy your time out with friends, competitors and nature.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let me post a comment on the big election campaign.
I'm still backing Obama 100% but it is sometimes very painful to watch him get ran over by the negative news guys. A friend recently emailed me something that really has me thinking.
Check it out:
"You know what Lynn; I've relieved myself of anxiety for Obama and his chances of winning. Meaning I'm officially ok as of yesterday if he doesn't get the nod. I thought I was gonna be saddened and really disappointed but I'm cool now. Because this country is not ready, and doesn't deserve him.
Politics is ugly. It has nothing to do with the people, it's all checks & balances. Favors and rhetoric. And let's face it, Obama is too idealistic. It's hard to change people let alone the corruptness of government. I'd rather his character remain un-soiled than to see what will potentially happen if he were to get the nomination. The mud slinging will really commence at that point. Let alone if he actually won the presidency what he'd be up against and have to clean up. Could you imagine watching Fox News if he was Prez? I'd rather not see him go thru that.
I honestly feel this is something we should (Obama supporters....particuarly black folk) think about. Yes, the idea of having him as leader of the seemingly most powerful nation in the world is great from an historical perspective, not to mention his charisma and intelligence. But is that enough considering the depth of the issues in this country Post-Bush? Nor does it mean the country will respect his ideas for change. I know for a fact Republicans and Conservative talk show hosts won't. And I'm also sure overt racism could start making a comeback.
I'm just saying.....let her win. Let em' throw her under the bus, not our brother"
Interesting don’t you think? I have thought the same way on occasion but never wanted to admit it to anyone else. Where do we go from here...
Post a Comment